We are living in an age where new advances in medical treatment and cures for illnesses are being discovered and developed every day. Sharing in these spectacular events is the Lung Institute.
The Lung Institute is an advanced innovator of regenerative medicine, providing stem cell therapies to patients with lung disease. The advances of stem cell therapy are changing the lives of people with COPD, Chronic Bronchitis, Emphysema, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Bronchiectasis, Interstitial Lung Disease and Pneumoconiosis.
What is Stem Cell Therapy
Blood Venous Treatment is an alternative to Bone Marrow Therapy. According to the Baylor College of Medicine, the therapy is performed as an outpatient over a 2-3 day period. The abbreviated process is as follows:
- The patients are evaluated to ensure they are a candidate for stem cell therapy.
- The day of therapy treatment the patient is admitted to the hospital as an outpatient.
- An IV is inserted into the patient, and the autologous, hematopoietic stem cells are harvested.
- The blood is treated; stem cells are separated and immediately returned to the patient intravenously.
- The IV returns the stem cells into the right ventricle of the heart. Within two heartbeats, the returned stem cells begin to reproduce, creating new healthy stem cells over and over again.
- The blood leaves the heart and enters the pulmonary system where the stem cells continue to reproduce in masses. The cells remain for a short period in the pulmonary trap.
- Then the stem cells are released into the bloodstream where these new cells travel throughout the body.
The process is repeated on day two, and if everything goes well the patient is released to go home, but return for follow-up care in a couple of weeks, then a few months to ensure the stem cell therapy was successful.
You are encouraged to call the Lung Institute at (800) 729-3065 to schedule a free consultation, or obtain additional information. The institute also has scheduled online webinars you can attend in the comfort of your home. You may want to visit their website https://lunginstitute.com/treatment/venous/ to read more about this new treatment for lung disease.